Easy solutions for your garbage disposal problems
Are you having garbage disposal problems? Here’s a few tips to clear up some common issues.
- Adding a few cubes of ice to your disposal while it’s running can clean off some of the debris that may cause a later problem. If it starts to jam during the process quickly turn it off and run some hot water to melt it away.
- Adding some baking soda or vinegar to your disposal occasionally can prevent smells from your disposal.
- Under most disposals is a reset button that can trip during bad jams. Just reach under and press and it may be as good as new.
- Avoid putting potatoes, coffee grounds, corn husks, egg shells or onion skins in your garbage disposal, they don’t like that!
- Most disposals come with a allen wrench that inserts into the bottom center of the disposal to assist in manually turning the disposal blades to help clear jams. If you can’t find the one that came with your disposal, a regular allen wrench will work just fine.
It your disposal just will not work or is leaking we will be happy to send a professional to repair or replace your disposal. Please call 252-338-6330 for more information.